Monday, 3 October 2011

Roles, Responsibilities and a Learning Curve

My first semester as a student of teacher librarianship is drawing to a close. Wow, what a learning curve!

When I decided to take a post graduate course, I researched my options and narrowed them down to two. Should I follow an ICT path, or teacher librarianship? Both options looked promising. However, when I discovered the depth and breadth of ICT in teacher librarianship, my mind was made up. Not only would I learn how to use technology effectively in education, but through teacher librarianship I would also learn how to use it in highly practical and useful ways to benefit all students.

As a teacher librarian, I have the opportunity to make a positive impact on all students and teach them how to become life-long learners in an exciting, rapidly evolving, digital world. As a bonus, I also get to read my favourite picture books and hopefully instil a love of literature in my students too!


I'm beginning to understand just some of the roles and responsibilities a teacher librarian has. I think I still have so much to learn!

0 comments: